In 1994, the LVCVA founded and initiated a partnership with the Clark County School District for the newly established AOHT magnet school – the first of its kind in Clark County.
- The mission of The Academy of Hospitality and Tourism (AOHT) at Valley High School is to engage and support students in grades 9-12 while developing 21st-century skills and the knowledge and attitudes necessary to compete in the diverse and challenging world of hospitality and tourism in the Las Vegas and surrounding communities.
- A public school in an urban setting with the largest hospitality and tourism magnet program in Nevada. More than 220 students enrolled annually.
- Serving grades 9-12
- AOHT works collaboratively with the College of Southern Nevada and the University of Nevada, Las Vegas including offering free college credit in respective Hospitality and Tourism degrees.
- A member of NAF.org – Project Based Curriculum at ash.naf.org
- Valley AOHT is successful and earns National Awards of Excellence because of the countless hours, preparation, partnerships, and myriad of efforts by students, teachers, administration, and hospitality and tourism industry leaders and partners.
- The AOHT Advisory Board is comprised of 25+ industry partners.
- The many facets supporting the program are integral to keep it alive in excellence including; mentorships, tools and resources, certifications, industry tours, internships, scholarships, jobs, guest speakers, industry relationships, product experiences, and more.